• Shows what’s happening in the community, providing motivation for reading and discussion
• Makes learning fun
• Flexible and adaptable to all curriculum areas and grade levels
• Bridge the gap between the classroom and the “real” world
• Build good reading habits that will last a lifetime
• Can be cut, marked, clipped, pasted, filed, recycled, made into papier-mâché and other crafts
• News, sports, weather, editorials, lifestyles, farm and ranch, classifieds
• Cost-effective way to educate
• Contain practical vocabulary and the best models of clear, concise writing
• Students become a part of their community
• Learn about local businesses
If you would like more information on how to introduce the newspaper into the classroom or become a sponsor for Newspapers in Education, please contact Olga Charles at email@example.com or 830-278-3335. Sponsorships start as low as $14.
$14 one newspaper subscription*
$28 two newspaper subscription*
$56 four newspaper subscription*
$140 half a classroom
$280 entire classroom
*Each donation provides 2 newspapers per week for educational use over 9-month school year. ($14 – 2 newspapers, $28 – 4 newspapers, $56 – 8 newspapers)
If you would like to donate a different amount or have questions please contact Olga Charles (830)278-3335 or email Olga.
ULN Newspapers in Education is committed to enhancing literacy among school-age children through the use of the Uvalde Leader-News as an enrichment tool in the classroom. Utilizing the pages of the local newspaper, teachers bring real-world experiences to the subjects they teach. ULN Newspapers in Education, organized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity, partners with area businesses, civic groups and private donors who purchase the subscriptions that allow teachers to use the newspaper as a dynamic educational resource.